Friday, December 12, 2008

A Christmas story

I just got back from the school, where my group of kids told everyone about the project for Matopo Primary School, how they had collected materials, gone from class to class to collect even more materials, and then given them to my colleague, Cindy Hauert. Even better was the thanks we all received in the form of a large packet filled with letters in children's handwriting. This whole report was given during the annual Advents singing at the school, so we packed it into a Christmas story of gving.

Unfortunately, in the excitement no pictures were taken, so I hope to rectify that mistake soon and add them to the blog.

The next project is for the kids to write about it for the local paper. Okay, it's not English, but the kids are enjoying the seriousity of the whole process, and there's time enough for English again in the new year.

Now we can only hope and pray that the children of Matopo are being spared from the choloric catastrophy that is rushing up and down Zimbabwe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog.
I've always wondered... what is Switzerland like? I have been there once or twice before but maybe I haven't seen everything. Could you tell me something quick about? I always saw it as a beautiful country.
Leeza

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays and Merry Christmas!
Leeza

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! I am from Shanghai, China. Since Christmas is a time for giving, a good website to go to is freerice.com. It asks you questions and you pick a multiple choice answer. You can choose a catagory. If you answer correctly, you can donate 20 grains of rice to stop world hunger. Visit my blog!

-Melisa

Anonymous said...

Will you be writing anymore?
Leeza